We don’t always have time for a sit-down breakfast and want something to grab and go – something delicious and nutritious to start the day.
Scroll down for recipe
Also, you want to have something before a workout to fuel your body, but not a foul-tasting nutrition shake. You want something that tastes as good as it is for you.
There is one answer for both scenarios: a date and rice-milk smoothie. It’s dairy free, quick and easy to prepare – and will make your mouth and body happy.
This smoothie is the perfect way to shake up your wake-up or wake up your shake-up.
Breakfast is getting a makeover with exciting new recipes and serving suggestions. There are a million ways to Start Your Great with Kellogg’s. And they want to know what you do to shake up your wake-up and put a special spin on your breakfast table.
Upload your recipe at www.shakeupyourwakeup.co.za and browse other Kellogg’s fans’ recipes. Every month from May to November four recipes will be rewarded with R1 000 shopping vouchers each.
DATE AND RICE-MILK SMOOTHIE
- Handful of dates soaked in orange juice
- Handful of Kellogg’s All-Bran Flakes or Special K
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 2 frozen bananas
- 250 ml (1 c) rice or almond milk
- Mint leaves (extra for garnishing)
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass and garnish with mint leaves.