When the time arrives, Kate is expected to check into a suite in the Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, west London. It’s one of the most exclusive private maternity facilities in Britain. And it’s a royal favourite. William and Harry were born there, as well as their cousins Peter and Zara Phillips.
The hospital has sent forth some recommendations for the royal couple as they prepare for the duchess’ stay.
1. Maternity notes and a birth plan from her gynaecologist
2. Toiletries and essential items such as a hairbrush and comb.
3. Insurance documents (if appropriate).
4. A small amount of cash.
5. No valuables.
6. Clothing ? this includes a gown and slippers, nightshirts, pyjamas, socks and front-opening shirts because they’re practical for breastfeeding, nursing bras and an outfit for the pair when they leave the hospital.
7. Baby clothing (a blanket, a pair of socks, a baby hat and a few baby sleepsuits).
The duchess should have a comfortable stay with top service!
1. She’ll have the option of ordering meals from an extensive and nutritious menu.
2. There are individual birthing rooms and a birthing pool.
3. Each suite is equipped with a satellite TV, radio, bedside phone, safe, internet access and a fridge.
Sources: eonline.com, guardian.co.uk