Woman accidentally swallows engagement ring in her sleep

accreditation
Jenna Evans. (Photo: Facebook/Jenna Evans)
Jenna Evans. (Photo: Facebook/Jenna Evans)

Oops! A bride-to-be revealed that she swallowed her engagement ring – and the internet is freaking out.

Jenna Evans from California in the US, was shocked when she discovered her engagement ring was missing, after dreaming she’d to swallow it in order to keep it safe, Fox News reports.

“I was having a dream that Bobby [my fiancé] and I were in a very sketchy situation involving a high-speed train and bad guys – I have very exciting and vivid dreams – and he told me I had to swallow my ring to protect it,” Jenna wrote on Facebook.

READ MORE: Bride-to-be gets a tiny diamond on her engagement ring and considers giving it back to her fiancé

"So I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water right about the time I realised what I was doing."

When she woke up and realised it wasn’t a dream, Jenna and Bob “Bobby” Howell, drove to the emergency centre and explained to medics what had happened, The Sun reports.

“I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing [and] crying so hard.

“The doctor ordered an X-ray and seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach!” Jenna revealed.

The doctor then “decided it would be best not to let nature take its course”.

"Before I left, she recommended seeing a sleep specialist as well.

"Bobby took me to the GI (gastroenterologist) doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that, yes, I swallowed my engagement ring.

READ MORE: Bride-to-be cancels wedding after guests refuse to donate R16 000 each to fund the event

"At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous.”

She then had an upper endoscopy – a procedure in which a thin scope with a light and camera at its tip is used to look inside the upper digestive tract, according to WebMD.

"They found my ring just beyond my stomach in my intestines, retrieved it and gave it to Bobby,” Jenna added.

When she did finally get her ring back, Jenna promised her fiancé she’d never swallow it again.

“We're still getting married and all is right in the world,” Jenna said.

“Ring is lovingly made by Simone Jewelry Designs in Houston, [thanks]. Jewels so lovely you could eat them. But don't – trust me on this.”

Sources: Fox News, The Sun, WebMD, Facebook

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24