Talk about levels!
Trevor Noah (36), national treasure and the host of the Daily Show certainly has a taste for the finer things in life.
The South African-born comedy superstar was spotted out and about this week, casually decked out in jeans and t-shirt, oh, and a Richard Mille RM11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph in rose gold and titanium. What’s that, you say?
Oh, it’s just a R3,9 million watch!
The snap of Trevor and his shiny watch was posted on the Insane Luxury Life Instagram page.
An unashamed lover of fine timepieces – which are excellent investments, as we know - Trevor has previously been sighted wearing other pricey watches, but none – that we know of - as pricey as the Richard Mille.
Trevor’s taste in watches doesn’t only run to the expensive, but to the exclusive too.
Brands like Audemars Piguet and Patek Philippe are less well-known to those of us who use our phones as watches but are coveted by serious collectors as these luxury watches are produced in very limited quantities, making them highly sought-after.
Trevor’s wrist has previously been adorned by:
- A Rolex GMT-Master II (about R300,000)
- A Rolex Submariner (around R270,000), a favourite of superspy James Bond
- A Rolex Day-Date in 18k yellow gold (R480,000), known as the President’s Watch, after US President Lyndon B Johnson wore a yellow gold Day-Date in 1965
- An Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (about R1,2 m), named for the HMS Royal Oak battleships of the Royal Navy, which has a distinctive octagonal bezel inspired by a deep-sea diver’s helmet
- A Patek Philippe Nautilus in rose gold (R1m), the most popular of the Patek Philippe range – it has a one-year waiting list.
The Daily Show host – the fourth-highest paid comedian in the world last year, worth an estimated R480m, according to Forbes magazine – is no stranger to high-priced investments.
He splashed out on a R279m house in Bel-air, in Los Angeles last year, TMZ reported, and in 2017 he bought an ultra-luxurious penthouse apartment in Manhattan worth about R130m.