Cape Town - It’s all over between Meg Ryan (57) and John Mellencamp (68).
The When Harry Met Sally actress has reportedly called off their engagement, according to US Weekly, ending her eight-year romance with the rocker.
"She’d had enough and ended [their engagement]. She has no regrets," an insider told the magazine.
Rumours started doing the rounds that things weren’t okay when the star was spotted without her engagement ring at the annual Governors Awards in Hollywood on Sunday.
The couple were last pictured together in May this year.
They were first linked in late 2010 after John split from his third wife, Elaine Irwin. They separated in August 2014 reportedly because of distance – she lives in New York while he’s based in Indiana – and John went on to date model Christie Brinkley.
However, in July 2017 they got back together. During their break-up, the singer famously said that Meg "hates me to death".
John, who is father to five children from three different women, popped the question in November last year, and an overjoyed Meg announced the news in an Instagram post with a drawing of the two of them and the caption, "ENGAGED".
Meg was married to fellow actor Dennis Quaid from 1991 until 2001 and they share a son, Jack (27), who’s also an actor. She also has a daughter, Daisy (15), who she adopted in 2005.