- 100g - butter, room temperature
- 100g - baby spinach
- 4 - skinless chicken breasts
- 5ml - Cajun spice
- - salt and black pepper
- 1 - tub cream cheese
- 600g - streaky bacon
- - fresh rosemary to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 20g butter. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board. Butterfly each breast using a sharp knife.
3. Place the open, butterflied chicken breasts on your work surface and season with Cajun spice and salt and pepper.
4. Mix the remaining butter and cream cheese with the cooked spinach.
5. Place approximately 30ml (2T) of the spinach and cream cheese mixture in the centre of each chicken breast. Roll up each chicken breast and wrap it with bacon.
6. Transfer the chicken to a lined oven tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until brown all over. Towards the end of the cooking time, grill the chicken for 1-2 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
7. Once cooked, let the chicken rest outside the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve.