- - CRUST
- 1 - packet (200g) of tennis biscuits, ground
- 125g - butter, melted
- - FILLING
- 2 - tubs (250g each) smooth cream cheese
- 1 - can (385g) condensed milk
- 4 - eggs
- 250ml - cream
- 5ml - vanilla essence
- - grated zest of 1 large orange
- - grated zest of 1 naartjie grated
- - zest of 1 lemon
- - TO FINISH
- - candied citrus zest (optional)
Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper and grease well with nonstick spray. Put the cake tin on a baking sheet.
1. Crust Mix the ground biscuits with the butter until well combined. Line the bottom of the cake tin with it. Chill until needed.
2. Filling Beat the cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth and creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until well combined.
3. Slowly pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 50 minutes, then switch off the oven and leave in the warm oven for 1 hour. Remove and leave to cool completely.
4. To finish Store the cake in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight, until completely set. Remove from the cake tin, slice into portions and serve with candied zest (if using).