- 6 - medium lemons
- 2 - large handfuls of fresh basil leaves, washed
- 500g - cherry tomatoes
- - olive oil
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- - sugar
- 4 - sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 - logs goat’s milk cheese
- 12 - anchovy fillets
Use any flavoured goat’s milk cheese; the varieties rolled in herbs or black pepper are delicious.
Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a baking sheet or spray with nonstick spray.
1. Cut the ends off the lemons so they stand flat, then cut them in half. Hollow out each half without piercing the bottom. Line each of the 12 halves with basil to create a barrier between the pith and filling.
2. Toss the cherry tomatoes in some olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, then roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until they burst open.
3. Divide the roasted tomatoes equally between the lemon halves.
4. Slice each cheese log into 6. Place a slice on each lemon half and top with an anchovy fillet.
5. Arrange the lemons on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has browned. Serve on fresh basil if preferred.