Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1kg - rump steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm-thick cubes
- 1 - jar (450g) butter chicken simmer sauce
- 3 - large carrots, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 - bunch radish, thinly sliced
- 1 - bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 60ml - natural flaked almonds, toasted lightly
- 60ml - currants
- 30ml - extra-virgin olive oil
- 30ml - lemon juice
- - poppadoms
- - Greek-style yoghurt
Keep 12 soaked bamboo skewers ready. Preheat a chargrill pan on high or have some braai coals ready.
1. In a bowl, combine the steak and half the butter chicken sauce. Marinate the meat for 30 minutes.
2. Thread the steak evenly onto the skewers. Grill or braai the meat for 5-6 minutes, turning on all sides, until cooked through.
3. Salad In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together to combine. 4 Reserve 4 skewers and 500ml (2c) salad for lunch. Serve the skewers with the remaining heated sauce and salad.
5. To serve Serve the beef skewers with poppadoms and yoghurt.