- - DRESSING
- - salt and pepper
- 1 - celery stalk, julienned
- - large handful each chopped herbs such as coriander, mint and parsley
- 30ml - sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 5ml - grated lemon zest
- 60ml - olive oil
- - TO FINISH
- 250ml - double-cream plain yoghurt or creamed cottage cheese
- 100g - carrots, peeled and julienned or bought already cut
- - SALAD
- 100g - baby beets, julienned or bought already cut
- 15ml - sugar
- - pinch of salt
- 60ml - lemon juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- - handful walnuts, chopped
- 2 - Pink Lady apples, sliced
Familiar ingredients with a quirky twist make for an exciting salad.
1. Dressing Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Salad Arrange the beetroot, carrots, celery and apple on a serving platter. Sprinkle the herbs and walnuts over, followed by the dressing, and serve with a large helping of the yoghurt or cottage cheese.