- 500g - puff pastry
- - flour for sprinkling
- 250ml - ricotta cheese
- 15ml - fresh or 5ml (1t) dried thyme
- - a pinch of salt
- 5ml - freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - egg, beaten
- 15ml - honey
- 6 - fresh figs, sliced to your liking
- - thyme sprigs (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and grease with nonstick spray.
1. Lightly roll the dough out on a surface sprinkled with flour. Slice in half lengthways. Slice each strip in three equal squares.
2. Arrange the squares on the prepared baking sheet. Use a knife to cut a collar around the edge of each dough square (but don’t slice right through). Cut patterns into the dough.
3. Crumble the ricotta into a mixing bowl and add the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and spoon some of the cheese mixture into the centre of each square.
4. Lightly brush egg on the collar of each dough square and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, crispy and cooked.
5. To finish Drizzle honey over and finish with fresh figs and thyme (if using). Serve warm or at room temperature.