- 60g - butter
- 30ml - olive oil
- 5ml - finely grated lemon zest
- 15ml - lemon juice
- 10 - medium potatoes, peeled
- - sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the butter, oil, lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat.
3. Place the potatoes on a chopping board. Working with one at a time, place a chopstick on the board along each side of the potato. Slice the potato thinly, cutting through to the chopsticks to prevent cutting all the way through (you'll need to stop higher at ends to avoid cutting through). Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
4. Place the potatoes, cut-side up, in a large shallow baking dish. Brush half the butter mixture all over the potatoes. Sprinkle the potatoes well with lightly crushed sea salt then roast for 1 hour. Brush again with the butter mixture and roast for a further 30 minuntes or until deep golden brown and tender.
TIP: If you are cooking the potatoes with a roast at a higher temperature, reduce the cooking time of the potatoes.