- 500g - beef mince (or mince of your choice)
- 250ml - dried breadcrumbs
- 2 - onions, finely chopped
- 2 - rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 60ml - chopped parsley, plus 30ml (2T) extra
- 60ml - chopped mint
- 1 - egg
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30ml - olive oil
- 750ml - chicken stock
- 250ml - risoni pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 250g - punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 - baby marrows, halved
1. In a large bowl, combine the mince, breadcrumbs, 1 chopped onion, bacon, herbs and egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, heat half the oil on high. Sauté the remaining onion for 2-3 minutes. Add 625ml (2½c) of the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the pasta and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the tomatoes in the last 5 minutes.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Brown the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, then add the remaining stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Reserve 16 meatballs.
4. Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Spray the baby marrows with oil and season with salt and pepper, then grill for 1-2 minutes each side until grill marks appear.
5. Serve the pasta and tomatoes with the meatballs and zucchini. Garnish with parsley.