Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 60ml - olive oil
- 2 - brinjals, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 3 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg - pork mince
- 700g - jar passata
- 250ml - beef stock
- 350g - spaghetti
- 60ml - chopped parsley
- 80ml - finely grated parmesan
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil on high and sauté the brinjals for 5-6 minutes until golden. Transfer to an oven sheet lined with baking paper
2. In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until the onion is tender. Add the pork mince and brown for 5-6 minutes, breaking up any lumps.
3. Stir in the passata and beef stock. Return the brinjals to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Reserve 625ml (2½c) of the pork mixture for lunch.
4. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and return to the saucepan.
5. Toss the sauce through the pasta with parsley. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.