- 250ml - cake flour
- 15ml - baking powder
- 30ml - cocoa a pinch of salt
- 250ml - sugar
- 60ml - oil
- 2 - eggs
- 5ml - vanilla essence
- 250ml - hot water
- - a few drops of red food colouring
- - butter cream, coloured to your liking
- - decorations of your choice
Line a 2L ice-cream container with baking paper and grease with non-stick spray. Keep a microwaveable saucer handy.
1. Batter Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and oil, add the eggs one by one and beat to combine. Then add the vanilla and mix.
3. Take turns adding the dry ingredients and the hot water to the egg mixture. Colour with the food colouring.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared ice-cream container. Put a saucer face down in the microwave and put the ice-cream container on top. Microwave for 12 minutes until the cake is cooked and a testing skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Leave the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the container, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. 6 Icing Decorate the cake to your liking, slice and serve.