- 500ml - cake flour
- 20ml - baking powder
- 15ml - sugar
- 2,5ml - salt
- 125ml - grated cheddar
- 50g - dried, soft apricots, chopped
- 45ml - oil
- 2 - eggs, beaten
- 250ml - plain yoghurt
- 15ml - milk
- 60ml - grated cheddar
- - butter
- - apricot jam
- - grated cheddar
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Thoroughly grease 12 hollows of a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
1. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add the sugar and salt and lightly mix.
2 Add the cheese and chopped apricots and mix through.
3. Combine the oil, eggs and yoghurt and add to the flour mixture. Stir until just mixed (don’t stir too much).
4. To finish Divide the mixture between the muffin hollows and lightly brush milk over each scone. Sprinkle the cheese over and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
5. Set aside in the muffin tins for 5 minutes to cool. Carefully loosen the edges and transfer the scones to a wire rack. Leave to cool completely.
6. To serve Serve the scones with butter, apricot jam and grated cheddar.