Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 30ml - canola oil
- 1 - large red onion, diced
- 15ml - crushed garlic
- 600g - ox liver, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g - mushrooms, sliced
- 5ml - cayenne pepper
- 2,5ml - dried oregano
- 5ml - chilli flakes
- 5ml - medium curry powder
- 5ml - paprika
- 30ml - salt and pepper
- 30ml - barbecue sauce
- 5ml - hot sauce
- 250ml - fresh cream
- 250ml - grated cheddar cheese
- 5g - fresh parsley to garnish
1. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the ox liver and mushrooms and mix well. Stir in the cayenne pepper, oregano, chilli flakes, curry powder, paprika and salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the liver is just brown on the outside and the mushrooms are succulent.
3. Stir in the barbecue sauce, hot sauce, fresh cream and cheddar cheese. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the liver is completely brown on the outside and the cream has thickened.
4. Garnish with parsley and serve hot with your favourite bread.