- 3 - eggs
- 45-60ml - sugar or sweetener such as xylitol
- 45ml - self-raising flour
- 1ml - salt
- 15ml - butter
- 500ml - buttermilk
- - grated zest of 1 lemon
- - grilled lemon wedges
- - honey or berry compote
Heaven in a bowl, that's what just this buttermilk pudding fresh from the oven is.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an ovenproof dish with nonstick spray.
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar or sweetener together.
2. Put the flour and salt in a bowl and rub in the butter. Add to the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
3. Mix the buttermilk and lemon zest and stir into the batter.
4. Spoon into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked and puffed up.
5. Top with grilled lemon wedges and a drizzle of honey or berry compote if you like.