- 2 - onions, chopped
- 2,5ml - cayenne pepper
- - fresh parsley
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2,5ml - turmeric
- 30ml - oil
- 300g - mussels
- 150g - smoked snoek, deboned and flaked
- - juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- - lemon wedges
- 10g - fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 125ml - chicken stock
- 750ml - cooked samp
We use samp instead of rice and affordable yet tasty seafood – so you get all the flavour of this classic dish without breaking the bank.
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the spices and stir-fry for another minute.
2. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the flaked snoek and mussels, cover with a lid and steam for 7-10 minutes or until the mussels are done.
3. Add the samp and stirfry until heated through.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Garnish the paella with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.