- 3 - eggs
- 180ml - olive and seed oil blend
- 280g - stone-ground cake flour
- 100g - roughly chopped pecan nuts
- 100g - brown sugar
- 100g - dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- - pulp of 150g ripe pear or apple
- 10ml - baking powder
- 2,5ml - bicarbonate of soda
- 2,5ml - salt
If you want to score brownie points with a loved one, serve this in bed with a cup of tea or coffee.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 25cm springform tin with nonstick spray.
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together. Mix in the sugar, followed by the chocolate and nuts. Make a well in the middle.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and oil together, then add the fruit pulp.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix lightly until just combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared springform tin and bake for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
5. Cut into thin wedges, arrange on baking sheets and dry overnight in the oven at 100°C. Store in an airtight container.