- 30ml - wholegrain mustard
- 5ml - Dijon mustard
- 60ml - brown sugar
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 - chicken pieces
The wet rub ensures the chicken is juicy and adds a delicious sweet flavour.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Rub Mix the ingredients well. 3 Rub the chicken all over with the mixture and arrange in an ovenproof dish.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and done (if the chicken browns too quickly, cover with foil and continue roasting).
5. Serve with extra mustard* and a green salad*.
TIP: Use the rub for spatchcocked chicken. Cut out the backbone of a whole chicken, open up and press to flatten. Bake as above or braai over moderate coals.