- 2,5ml - salt
- 2,5ml - ground cinnamon
- - vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 60ml - golden syrup
- 125ml - cream
- - extra pecan nuts (optional)
- 15ml - olive oil
- 500g - peeled and cubed orange sweet potatoes
- 1 - egg
- 125ml - self-raising flour
- 1 - roll puff pastry
- 100g - pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 60ml - brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking paper. Keep a baking sheet handy.
1. Arrange the sweet potato on the baking sheet and drizzle the oil over. Mix to coat and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft. Mash and set aside to cool.
2. Line the bottom and sides of the cake tin with the puff pastry and chill until needed.
3. Pecan nut layer Beat the syrup, sugar and egg together until creamy. Mix in the nuts and spoon over the pastry.
4. Sweet potato layer Put the sweet potato mash in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and cream then beat until well combined. Sift the flour, cinnamon and salt over and mix with a wooden spoon until lightly combined. Spoon onto the nut layer in the cake tin.
5. Bake the tart for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Arrange the extra pecan nuts on top (if using). Leave to cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.