- 6 - persimmons, cut into chunks
- 30ml - brown sugar
- 3 - eggs at room temperature
- 125ml - self-raising flour
- 60ml - diced almonds
- 5ml - vanilla essenceV
- - few drops of almond essence
- 125ml - sugar
- - pinch of salt and pepper
- 250ml - milk
- - almond flakes and blueberries to garnish (optional)
- - plain yoghurt to serve
Use any winter fruit for this dessert – it’s quick to make.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an ovenproof dish.
1. Arrange the fruit in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle the brown sugar over.
2. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients until lump free and pour over the fruit.
3. Bake for about 45 minutes or until just firm.
4. Sprinkle almond flakes and blueberries over (if using) and serve the clafoutis cold or lukewarm with plain yoghurt.