While most teens his age are starting university, meeting new friends and having fun, he struggles to do the simplest things, like comfortably walking up the stairs.
Three years ago, Ewan Fisher from Nottingham, England, started vaping in a bid to quit smoking. Ewan, then 16, wanted to kick the habit to pursue his dream of becoming a boxer but instead, he landed in hospital.
The teen spent 10 weeks in intensive care fighting for his life. Doctors blamed vaping and said he suffered an exaggerated immune response to chemicals found in the e-cigarette fluid.