A young child has died in his mother’s arms after suffering an electric shock at nursery school.
The youngster’s mom, Elisa (27), revealed that her six-year-old boy, Antonio, was electrocuted while she looked on in horror after going to collect him from school in Frankfurt, Germany.
“When I went to pick Antonio up, I was in the changing rooms and Antonio was running around, and suddenly he must have got hold of a cable that was coming out of a socket,” said Elisa, who is originally from Italy.
“The socket was hanging out of the wall.”
The boy was then catapulted towards his mom.
“It was a shock, the nursery school boss and I tried to resuscitate him, we gave him mouth to mouth and performed chest compressions.
“But it was too late, Antonio died in my arms.
“Building works had been carried out and the nursery school had been closed. It then opened again, although it clearly was not finished.
“Walls had been painted and new flooring laid, and the nursery school had to be closed,” the heartbroken mom said.
Jan Pasternak, from the City of Frankfurt’s Integration and Education Department, said they weren’t aware of any cables coming out of the wall.
“We are not aware of any building works being carried out at the nursery school and certainly not aware of cables coming out of the walls,” Jan said.
“This would not be possible when the nursery school is open as normal for business.”
The Public Prosecutor in Frankfurt is investigating charges of involuntary manslaughter against unknown persons at the time.
“The focus of the investigation is on whether someone acted against their duty of care,” Prosecutor Nadja Niesen said.
The devastated mom is now trying to raise enough money to fly Antonio's body to Italy for burial.
Source: Magazine Features