This woman paid tribute to her beloved pooch after he woke up the family and saved them from a raging fire.
Liu Ruihua from Chifeng in Mongolia in China, said her tiny dog named Maodou, alerted her family about a blaze in their kitchen on Tuesday 17 March.
Maodou, who lives in the family’s courtyard, clawed and gnawed at their doors so much that Liu’s husband went outside to check, the homeowner recalls.
“My husband asked why the dog was scratching at the door, so he opened the door to check,” Liu says.
“We knew nothing of the fire. It knocked on the front door and then the back door.
“The dog led him to the back of the house, then he saw the fire in the kitchen.
“He came back and called us out. Five minutes later and we’d have all been burned to death,” she recalls.
Lui posted footage of her standing in the ruins of her family home on social media. She can be seen stepping over ashes and charred furniture as she pays tribute to her loyal life-saving dog.
“This little dog saved my life, scratching and knocking on the door,” she wrote on social media.
“This is the dog. I saved its life, now it’s saved mine.”
The mom of three says she and her family adopted Maodou last summer when they found the scrawny pup abandoned by the side of the road.
“We found Maodou as a pup. Nobody wanted it. I saved it then and now it’s saved all five of us.”
According to reports, the fire was started by the family’s heating furnace.
Liu didn’t reveal where they’d be living while their home is rebuilt.Source: Magazine Features