Curiosity nearly killed the dog.
A nine-month-old pup found himself in a hot spot after accidentally setting fire to his family’s home.
Kahuna, the dog, unintentionally sparked flames when he toppled a piece of furniture with flammable objects onto a heater grate, People reports.
Home surveillance footage, which was shared on the Los Alamos Fire Department’s (LAFD) Facebook page, shows the pup sniffing an item on top of an ironing board before knocking it over.
A fire then ignites in the corner of the room where the dog has made a mess.
Kahuna flees the flames with his older dog pal, Paige, watching from the couch as the flames get bigger.
Paige can later be seen scurrying over to investigate the heat, before exiting the room.
A team from the LAFD was able to tackle the fire quickly and limit damage to the home.
No injuries were reported following the incident, and Kahuna and Paige were safely evacuated from the scene.
A statement from the fire department made some important recommendations.
“Los Alamos Fire Department recommends homeowners ensure that smoke alarms are located in and outside all bedrooms, on each level of a home, and interconnected so that if one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound,” it read.
“LAFD also recommends that combustible items not be placed on or within three feet of heating devices or heat-producing appliances, especially when pets are left alone at home and could knock items onto the heaters.”
The fire department added that Kahuna “declined to comment,” and will be enrolled in dog training for fire prevention.
Watch the clip here.