26 JunAre you a single parent with a new love interest? We have help!
Here's some sound advice from our experts for introducing a new partner into your world.
Why building a fort can keep your child happy and calm during lockdown
There really is no better time to work on our fort-building.
Kids more likely to be hit by lightning than to die of coronavirus, scientists say
Scientists from the universities of Cambridge and Oxford in the UK found that school children under the age of 15 have a one in 3,5...
Shock confession from a mother of four: ‘I never really wanted to be a mom’
“It’s hard being a good mother to kids you regret having.”
From Bravery to Hope: These are the most popular baby names during the lockdown
These baby names have been quite popular during the pandemic.
Woman worried sister may be going overboard with weird baby name
A woman who says her sister wants to name her new-born baby after one of her favourite foods has stirred up debate among parents online...
Lockdown diary: ‘Justin Timberlake was right, 24/7 parenting isn’t human’
As a mom to two little girls, staying upbeat and positive despite how bleak things looked wasn’t a choice but something I felt I needed...
Dad tells daughter to lose weight so she can attract a man: ‘I was genuinely trying to be helpful’
A man asked his daughter to lose weight so that she can attract a man – and the internet is not having it!
Woman says she’s been pregnant for more than three years
A woman claims to have had the world’s longest pregnancy.
Pregnant woman furious at mom-in-law’s plan to block traditional name for baby
War over a baby name.
If you think your child has the smarts to know what a supernova is, they might be just who we’re looking for.
You are good enough
Parenting is a tough task made harder by unrealistic expectations. If you’re feeling the pressure, here’s what you need to know.
Teenagers and booze, what you can do
Ever offer your teens a tipple? Suspect they’re drinking on the sly? Here’s hard-hitting advice for parents
How to talk to kids about death
Many parents want to protect their children from the harsh reality of death, but experts say you shouldn’t. Here’s advice on this...
Setting healthy boundaries for your child and their phones
Cellphones are here to stay, so how can parents set healthy boundaries for their screen-obsessed children?
Sugar doesn't make children hyper
When you're a parent whose child has a birthday party coming up, the thought of it can fill you with dread; sweets, fizzy drinks and cake...
‘Lazy’ kids could just be unmotivated
Do you have a problem with your child spending too much time glued to the TV? Is it a struggle to get them active on the sports field or...
What to do when your toddler starts swearing
It’s probably the most embarrassing of situations ? you’re with a bunch of strangers and suddenly your little one blurts out the vilest...
When parents split
Parents separating or divorcing is really common these days. Here are some tips on how to deal with it
- Bachelor Marc and Marisia call it quits
- ‘After searching for my father for 10 years he rejected me again’
- Cape Town woman’s inspiring weight loss transformation: ‘I can do things I wasn’t able to do before’
- Chrissy Teigen reveals her favourite SA dish – and opens up about her Durban boyfriend
- John Travolta announces sad passing of wife Kelly Preston: ‘She fought a courageous fight’
- Woman overcomes agonising eczema that blinded her: ‘Today, I am a normal person’
- 90-year-old goes viral after coming out to his family on Facebook: ‘I am out, I am gay, I am free’
- Heroic dad saves two daughters from inferno: ‘We would’ve all been dead’
- Kick the habit! Here’s how to cope with cigarette and booze withdrawal symptoms
- Going to a salon, for a run or having a backyard braai? What’s the risk of getting Covid-19?