This simple one-pan dish loaded with tomatoes, poached eggs and delicious bacon grillers will make cooking breakfast easy like Sunday morning.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min| Serves: 4
olive oil for cooking
125 ml (½c) leeks, chopped
juice and zest of 1 lemon
410g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
500g Eskort Bacon Grillers
30ml (T) olive oil
salt and pepper
5 ml (1t) nutmeg
60 ml (¼c) sour cream
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the leeks and nutmeg in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until it starts to bubble.
- Break eggs into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a separate pan over moderate heat, fry the bacon grillers in the 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes.
- Serve shakshuka with the bacon grillers, top with sour cream and garnish with fresh herbs.