Easy enough for the kids to make, and delicious enough for mom to enjoy, this cheesy French toast is perfect for the whole family.
200g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon
60ml (¼c) syrup
45ml (3T) chilli flakes
60ml (¼c) olive oil for cooking
60ml (¼c) milk
8 slices of bread of your choice
500ml (2c) cheese, grated
500g Eskort Mini Picnic Ham
250ml (1c) cheese sauce (you can use store-bought)
Fresh herbs to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Spicy bacon Put the streaky bacon on a greased baking sheet and glaze with the syrup and chilli flakes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- French toast While the bacon is in the oven, preheat the olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a dish.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture then sear both sides of the bread in the preheated pan.
- Put cheese and ham on 4 of the French toast slices and close with the remaining slices.
- Put them in an ovenproof dish, top with cheese sauce and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the spicy bacon on top of the toast and serve it with fresh herbs.