This velvety smooth and creamy pot of potatoes and Russians is delicious comfort served on a plate.
Eskort Smoked Russians
1kg baby potatoes
olive oil for cooking
5ml (1t) white pepper
2 onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
250ml (1c) spring onions, chopped
45ml (3T) flour
500ml (2c) cream
250ml (1c) milk
250ml (1c) white cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the potatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with white pepper and salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until cooked and crispy.
- In a large saucepan over moderate heat, fry the onions, garlic and spring onions until glossy.
- Thinly slice the Russians and add to the saucepan. Mix through and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir through.
- Add the cream and milk, stir until the sauce is smooth then lower the heat.
- Add the crispy potatoes to the sauce then transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the chilli oil and more spring onions.