The tartness of green apple combined with the heat of jalapeño makes for a delicious dip with these scrumptious ribs.
750g Eskort Marinated Loin Ribs
250ml (1c) flour
30ml (2T) BBQ spice
250ml (1c) water
250ml (1c) breadcrumbs
Oil (for deep-frying)
125ml (½c) spring onion, chopped
2 large pickled jalapeños, chopped
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 charred green pepper
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease two baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Wrap the ribs in heavy-duty foil and put on the first baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, slice the ribs into individual riblets.
- Combine the flour and spices in a mixing bowl and pour the buttermilk and breadcrumbs into two separate bowls.
- Coat the riblets with the spiced flour, then dip in buttermilk, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Bring the oil to the boil in a pot and deep-fry the ribs in batches until golden.
- Put the leeks, jalapeños and apples on the second baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes (this can be done at the same time as the ribs).
- Put the cooked leeks, jalapeños and apples in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the ribs with the dip and a fresh salad of your choice.