Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 20 Min
350g Eskort Mini Frikkadels
1 large onion, chopped
250ml (1c) leeks, sliced
60ml (¼c) olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
410g (1 can) tomato purée
410g (1 can) whole tomatoes
125ml (½c) vegetable stock
500ml (2c) mozzarella cheese, grated
250ml (1c) fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a pot over moderate heat, fry the onion and leeks in olive oil until glossy.
- Add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir until combined.
- Cook the Mini Frikkadels in an air fryer or frying pan according to the package instructions.
- Add the tomato sauce and Mini Frikkadels to a greased lasagne dish, stir through the baby spinach and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve the frikkadel bake with fresh basil and crusty bread.