Serves 4 | Preparation: 10min | Cooking: 20 Min
200g Eskort Diced Bacon
15ml (1T) butter
125ml (½c) light brown sugar
125ml (½c) treacle sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
125ml (½c) cream
2,5ml (½t) salt
250ml (1c) double cream
15ml (3T) castor sugar 5ml (1t) vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the butter with the sugars and the vanilla essence.
- Stir until the butter has melted and the sugar starts to caramelise. Add the cream and the salt and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut the croissants open and place into the caramel sauce open side up.
- Cover the croissants with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Fry the diced bacon in a frying pan until crispy
- Remove the croissants from the oven and top with the crispy bacon
- Whip the cream with the castor sugar and vanilla essence until stiff.
- Serve the croissants topped with cream.