Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 10 Min
400g Eskort Lean Diced Bacon
15ml (1T) coconut oil
60ml (¼c) honey
4 bananas, halved lengthwise and unpeeled
250ml (1c) yoghurt
250ml (1c) coconut sugar
4 eggs, separated
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
250g (1c) coconut flour
15ml (1t) xanthan gum
10ml (2t ) baking powder
250ml (1c) coconut yoghurt 2,5ml (½t) salt
60ml (¼c) coconut oil for cooking
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and add the coconut oil and honey.
- Fry the banana halves until the honey has caramelised.
- Add ½c coconut sugar, the egg yolks and vanilla essence to a large bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Combine the coconut flour with the xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Fold in the coconut flour and yoghurt.
- In a separate bowl whip, the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the remaining coconut sugar and whip until silky like meringue.
- Fold the meringue into the main mixture, scoop into a greased pan and fry the flapjacks for 3 minutes on each side.
Serve the flapjacks with the crispy bacon and caramelised bananas and yoghurt.