Cooking: 20 min | Preparation: 15 min | Serves 4
15ml (1T) dried thyme
15ml (1T) dried rosemary
15ml (1T) dried Italian herbs
30ml (1T) pork seasonings (cajun spice and creole rub)
salt to taste
5ml (1t) black pepper
4 Eskort Pork chops
15ml (1T) fresh coriander
5 ml (1t) crushed ginger and garlic
30ml (1T) mustard
30 ml (2T) olive oil for frying
250ml (1c) polenta
750ml (3c) water
125ml (½c) cream
125ml (½c) milk
500ml (2c) grated white cheese
15ml (1T) cheese-flavoured spice
200g Eskort Streaky Bacon
15ml (1T) oil for frying
1 yellow onion, sliced
5ml (1t) crushed ginger and garlic
1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
5ml (1t) cayenne pepper
15ml (1T) smoked paprika
5ml (1t) sugar
5 ml (1t) Fresh coriander
- Preheat your oven to 240°C.
- In a big bowl add all your dried herbs, seasoning, salt and pepper and mix with a spoon.
- Pat your pork chops dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix the coriander, garlic & ginger and spice mix until well combined.
- Spread the mustard on both sides of the pork chops and coat with the herb and spice mixture. Then put them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the olive oil.
- Fry the chops for 3 min and pop into the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Allow the chops to rest before you slice them.
- Add 1 cup of polenta to 3 cups of warm water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the polenta is cooked pour in milk and cream. Then add cheese and cheese spice.
- In a pan fry bacon until crispy, then add it to the polenta.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the onion and garlic and ginger until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve the chops and the relish on the cheesy polenta and garnish with coriander.