Fresh mint and creamy tzatziki lift the sweet-tart tomato flavour of this meatball sarmie.
350g Eskort Mini Frikkadels
olive oil for frying and toasting
5ml (1t) cumin
5ml (1t) rosemary, chopped
5ml (1t) lemon zest
125ml (½c) sundried tomatoes
45ml (3T) olive oil
5ml (1t) paprika
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 panini breads
125ml (½c) diced cucumber
250ml (1c) plain double-thick yoghurt
pinch of black pepper
60ml (¼c) mint leaves
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the frikkadels in some olive oil until golden.
- Place the cumin, rosemary, paprika, lemon zest and sundried tomatoes in a food processor or blender.
- Add 3T olive oil and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the paste to the frikkadels, stir through and remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush the paninis with olive oil and toast in a pan until golden.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the meatballs on the toasted paninis.
- Add tzatziki and garnish with fresh mint leaves.