These easy pies filled with pork sausage meat, piquanté peppers and creamy feta have loads of deliciousness crammed into the shortest cooking time.
375g Eskort Peppadew® Peppers and Feta Pork Sausage, removed from the casings
1 red onion, finely chopped
15ml (1T) sage, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
5ml (1t) white pepper
125ml (½c) feta cheese
125ml (½c) Peppadew® Peppers, chopped
1 sheet puff pastry
1 egg for eggwash
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the filling, combine the sausage meat, onion, sage, garlic, white pepper, feta and peppers in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease small pie dishes (we use repurposed tuna tins) with nonstick cooking spray and fill them with the pie filling.
- Cut the pastry into circles slightly bigger than the pie dishes and place on top of the pies.
- Pinch down the edges and brush the pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry tops are golden and flaky.
- Serve with a summer salad.