This easy stew is light on time but heavy on #JustDelicious flavour
Eskort Smoked Pork Neck Steaks, cut into cubes
4 carrots, quartered
salt and freshly ground pepper
olive oil for cooking
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 red pepper, charred and peeled
1 yellow pepper, charred and peeled
410g (1 can) chopped tomatoes
2 potatoes, boiled
60ml (¼c) butter
125ml (½c) milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the carrots on a greased baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- In a pot over moderate heat, fry the onion, garlic and bay leaf until the onion is glossy.
- Add the pork neck, peppers and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For the mash, add butter to a pot over a moderate heat and allow to brown.
- Add the boiled potatoes and milk and mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stew on top of the mash and top with carrots