Packed with pork, peas and herby flavour, each mouthful of this delicious soup is like ingesting cosiness.
Eskort Smoked Pork Neck Steaks, sliced into strips
4 leeks, halved
15 ml (1T) butter
1 onion, chopped
15ml (1T) rosemary, chopped
olive oil for cooking
1 can (400g) peas
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
250ml (1c) milk
freshly ground pepper
15ml (1T) flour
4 slices of bread, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the leeks on a baking sheet. Add the butter and coarse salt to the leeks and roast for 10 minutes.
- In a pot over moderate heat, fry the onion and rosemary in olive oil until glossy.
- Add the pork neck and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, vegetable stock, milk and black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour with some of the soup in a small bowl and add it to the pot to thicken a bit.
- Season with pepper and salt and serve in a bowl with the leeks and toast.