Serves 4 | Preparation: 5 Min | Cooking: 10 Min
750g Eskort Gold Medal Pork Sausages
250ml (1c) water
15ml (1T) olive oil
oil for frying
6 balls of vetkoek dough
125ml (½c) onion marmalade
250ml (1c) sweet chilli sauce
30ml (2T) onion seeds
15ml (1T) toasted sesame seeds
- To cook the pork sausages, place the sausages in a pan with the water and olive oil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes over moderate heat until the water has evaporated then continue to fry for 2 minutes until golden.
- Heat a pot of oil over moderate heat.
- Roll out the vetkoek dough 1-2cm thick. Place a pork sausage and some onion marmalade in the middle and close.
- Fry the vetkoek in the hot oil until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet chilli sauce and the onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve the pork sausage vetkoeks with the sweet chilli and seed dip.