Connect with us, show off your skills and let’s have some fun for a good cause
Are you a general knowledge whizz? Let’s have some fun at the first-ever YOU Pub Quiz!
Join us and other readers at the virtual event that’ll bring some much-needed excitement back to your Friday night – where you’ll get to flex your skills and be part of something amazing.
The winning team takes the title and the proceeds will go to a charity of your choice.
What’s more? You’ll also stand a chance to win awesome prizes – so gather your team of five, choose a cool name and join us.
Charlene Rolls – YOU Editorial Director
Nicola Whitfield – YOU Deputy Editor
Get the details
Date: 31 July 2020
Duration: 60 to 90 minutes
Tickets: R50 via Computicket
How it works:
- The quizmasters will compile questions in a Trivial Pursuit style, sticking to subjects covered in YOU: current affairs, TV and movies, celebs, sport and music.
- Fifteen teams with up to five members each can enter. Each team enters under a name of their choice.
- Each correct question gets a point, but you can choose one super category, where every correct answer is doubled. You choose this category, for example celebs or sport, at the start of the quiz and the quizmasters will make a note to double your points.
- Answers are sent via WhatsApp.
- At the end of each round, the correct answers are announced, and points are tallied up.
- Rules are simple: NO googling
What you can win
- Five cases of six Four Cousins Collection wine valued at R370 a case. Go to the website www.fourcousins.co.za and follow Four Cousins on Instagram, on Twitter and on Facebook.
- Two stunning Daniel Klein ladies’ watches with all-black cases and straps, black dials and rose gold and silver elements worth R1 295 each. Go to the website danielkleinwatches.co.za and connect with Daniel Klein on Facebook and Instagram.