Forget the sides and cure the hungries with this filling #JustDelicious salad that’s good enough to stand on its own.
200g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon
125ml (½c) vinegar
60ml (¼c) water
15ml (1T) salt
15ml (1T) brown sugar
Eskort BBQ Spice
410g (1 can) chickpeas
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 melon, cut into slices
60ml (¼c) castor sugar
3 handfuls mixed salad leaves
125ml (½c) cream cheese
60ml (¼c) onion marmalade
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- Add the bacon and set aside to cure.
- In a bowl, combine the BBQ spice, chickpeas, olive oil and salt with half the lemon zest and juice.
- Dress the melon slices with the rest of the lemon zest and juice and the castor sugar.
- Fry the dressed melon slices in a pan over high heat.
- Mix the salad leaves and spiced chickpeas. Remove the bacon from the curing mixture and add to the salad greens.
- Serve the salad topped with fried melon, cream cheese and onion marmalade.