The best moments are shared, and the easiest way to get the whole family together is often inspired by a feast packed with all the trimmings and holiday favourites. Bring your loved ones together with an assortment of dishes, thanks to the versatile ingredients from McCain, waiting for you to transform and make a meal of it.
Sizzling spicy shrimps with french stir fry
Preparation: 15 Min | Cooking: 10 Min|Chilling: 15 Min| Serves 4
45ml (3T) lemon juice
30ml (2T) dry white wine
10ml (2t) olive oil
30ml (2T) garlic paste
5ml (1t) oil
500ml (2c) McCain French Stir Fry
1 bay leaf
1ml (¼t) crushed chilli
1ml (¼t) salt to taste
30ml (2T) fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the lemon juice, wine, oil and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain well, reserving the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink (about 40 seconds per side) then transfer to a plate.
- Add the McCain French Stir Fry, bay leaf, crushed red chilli and reserved marinade to the pan. Continue to fry until all the water in the pan has evaporated.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan and heat through.
- Season with the salt, sprinkle the parsley on top and serve immediately.
Chicken breasts in creamy spinach and mushroom sauce
Preparation: 10 min | cooking: 15-20 min | serves 4
4 chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
500g McCain Creamed Spinach
125ml (½c) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook for about 6 minutes on each side, making sure they are golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the stock and McCain Creamed Spinach. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes then add the back in the pan.
- Add cheese, close with a lid and allow to cook further until the chicken is done.
- Serve with the salad packed with all your favourite vegetables.