You can now book and create trips for free with D6 Connect until 31 May 2022 – so get your school involved.
If you’re struggling to get your child to and from the various after school activities they do, you should look into the d6 ride-sharing platform. It operates within your school community, so you’ll be doing what you usually do – asking another parent for a lift or offering one – but reaching a wider (inner) circle. What’s more, the app offers live tracking on your phone, so you always know where your child is. Rides usually cost a parent per trip, but until 31 May, lifts are FREE if your school uses d6 Connect. It’s a community-driven service and relies 100% on the parents of the school.
Using the ride-sharing platform
1. Go to your school’s d6 Connect mobile app.
2. Click on “More” (the three dots in the bottom menu bar).
3. Select “Rides” under “Other Services.”
4. Choose one of the following:
- “Create a Trip” to offer a ride
- “Book a Trip” to arrange to share an existing trip or
- “Request a Trip” to ask fellow parents if they have space in their car for your child.
For more information or to start using the app at your school, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to d6 Rides.