2 x 750g Eskort Marinated Loin Ribs
Creamy cold mash
4 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
30ml (2T) olive oil
30ml (2T) butter, melted
125ml (½c) plain yoghurt
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 onions, peeled and quartered
45ml (3T) olive oil
45ml (3T) rosemary, chopped
1 garlic clove
50g tomato puree
125ml (½c) water
- Start a fire and allow to burn until coals form.
- Place the loin ribs on a braai grid and braai over hot coals for 6 minutes on each side.
- Take care to not burn or overcook the ribs.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mash until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the onions in olive oil until the edges are browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve the loin ribs on a bed of creamy cold mash topped with roasted onions and gravy.