Ready for everything the year 2020 has to offer? You may be planning your goals, adventures and resolutions for your new chapter, so we’ve rounded up the perfect rugged phones to join you wherever you may go. And because you don’t want to buy a new smartphone every year it’s smart to invest in a phone that will actually last, with better battery life to boot.
It’s true, smartphones allow us to be more productive, with your life at your fingertips, but one fall or drop in water and it feels like your “life” is over.
That’s why rugged phones are becoming more popular. Whether you’re an avid hiker, an adrenaline junkie, a farmer or an artisan – or if you simply need a stronger phone because your kids put it to the test daily, here’s a roundup of Cat’s top rugged smartphones packed with features that research shows Cat’s customers truly value.
Why Cat® phones?
- Beyond-rugged durability
- Truly waterproof
- Unique integrated thermal-imaging technology
- Enduring performance in tough situations
The Cat® S31 is built to survive and is made of high-quality rugged materials so that you (or your kids) can drop it, dirty it or dunk it in water with confidence.
- It has a powerful 4 000mAh battery.
- It’s waterproof to 1,2m for 35 minutes.
- It has an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
- It’s dustproof and drop-proof to 1,8m.
- It’s vibration, sand, salt fog and pressure resistant.
- It has a super bright 4.7” HD display.
- It’s optimised for outdoor use with auto wet-finger and glove support.
The successor to the Cat S40 smartphone, the Cat 41 is used by people who work in a range of industries or take part in recreational activities such as biking, hiking and fishing that regularly put their cellphones under stress.
- It has a 5 000mAh battery, providing up to 44 days’ standby time.
- It’s been drop-tested onto concrete from 1,8m.
- It’s been waterproof tested in up to 2m of water for as long as 60 minutes.
- The display can be read in direct sunlight.
- It’s camera can be used underwater.
- It’s touchscreen can be controlled with wet fingers or when wearing gloves.
- It has a large and bright 5" Full HD display protected by the latest scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5.
- It’s Battery Share feature allows you to charge other devices or accessories and acts as a powerbank.
The CAT S61 is durable and with all the tools you need, it’s a hardcore phone that’s packed with what you want and always needed from a phone.
- Vibration, sand, salt mist and pressure-resistant.
- Thermal imaging camera that measures temperature and humidity.
- Waterproof up to 3m for 60 minutes underwater.
- Drop-tested onto concrete from 1,8 metres.
- Easy grip 5,2" full HD screen16MP rear camera.