Get a head start on your back-to-school shopping and buy your child’s school shoes now. Then there’s one less thing on your to-do list in the new year.
You’re juggling being back at work with looking after your kids, so we know that shopping for school essentials is the last thing on your mind, but why not minimise the impending back-to-school blues by purchasing your child’s school shoes now, ticking this one important task off your to-do list.
We know times are tough and school shoes are another (necessary) expense, but buying quality shoes that are durable, like the Buccaneer Buccs Classic lace-ups, can save you money in the long run.
To help ease some of the pressure of getting ready for the new school year, Buccaneer School Shoes have put together a few top tips on how to choose the right school shoes for your growing children.
THE PERFECT FIT
Well-fitting school shoes are essential because:
- Children’s feet are growing, and the bones are soft and still developing. Avoid cheap, ill-fitting school shoes, which can cause ingrown toenails, corns and, later on, bunions.
- Shoes that are too big or too small or have too rigid soles can be a painful distraction for any child.
- School is challenging enough without having to worry about uncomfortable shoes.
- Soles that are too rigid can hamper your child’s feet.
The Buccaneer school shoe range is a must. Here’s why:
- Locally made, which helps support the economy and create jobs.
- Durable and flexible to match active lifestyles
- Non-polish and easy to care for
- Comfortable fit
- 100% quality guaranteed
Other features of the Buccaneer school shoe range include genuine leather (Baby-Doll, Scooter and Bucc Lites), padded in-sock comfort and ankle support (Buccaneer trainers) as well as extra-light-weight flexible soles (Bucc Lites).
IF THE SHOE FITS
Your child spends approximately 30 hours a week in school shoes - that is 15 000 hours in their lifetime - so it is crucial that their shoes fit correctly!
Fit tip #1: If you’re unsure whether your new comfy quality Buccaneer Buccs Classic lace-ups fit correctly, just check for the toe wiggle. Your child should be able to move their toes freely.
Fit tip #2: Buy your Buccaneer Buccs Classic lace-ups at the end of the day. Children’s feet get a little more swollen by this time, and it’s better to fit school shoes when your child’s feet are at their biggest.
Buccaneer School Shoes are available at selected retailers nationwide.
For more information and to view the extensive range visit buccaneershoes.co.za/view_all.php.