- 250g - fresh strawberries, sliced
- 80ml - green tea with buchu
- 75g - icing sugar
- - pinch of salt
- 5ml - vanilla essence
- - zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 10ml - gelatin
- 5ml - black pepper
- 12,5ml - bicarbonate of soda
- 30g - fine breadcrumbs
- 250ml - cream
- 1 - tub (230g) creamed cottage cheese
- 500ml - icing sugar
- 5ml - grated orange zest
- 20g - icing sugar
- 75g - ice-cold butter, diced
- 30g - ground almonds
- 30ml - castor sugar
- 12,5ml - tartaric acid
- 250g - frozen berries
- 100g - cake flour
- - a little sugar
A delicious mess of all things good. This almond shortbread, cheesecake and strawberry stack is a must try.
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
1. Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined and the dough starts clinging to the blade.
2. Remove, shape into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the fridge and roll into golf ball-size balls. Flatten between two sheets of baking paper. Arrange on the greased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until done.
4. Sprinkle the gelatin into 15ml (1T) cold water and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Heat in the microwave until the gelatin has just dissolved.
5. Beat the rest of the ingredients together, add a little of the mixture to the gelatin and mix. Transfer the gelatin mixture to the rest of the cream cheese mixture and stir. Spoon into a piping bag and chill in the fridge until fairly firm.
6. Put the berries, sugar and tea in a saucepan and simmer until syrupy and soft, then mash the berries. Strain through a sieve if you like.
7. Mix all the ingredients.
8. Sift all the ingredients together three times.
9. Pipe a bit of the cheesecake mixture onto a plate, put a shortbread biscuit on top and finish off with another dollop of cheesecake mixture. Spoon strawberries and compote on top. Repeat the layers twice. Finish off with a dusting of sherbet and serve.