- 375g - buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 259g - tomatoes, halved
- 1 - quantity basic dough
- - handful of fresh basil
- 60ml - olive oil
- 100g - sliced ham
- 50g - cream cheese, at room temperature
The soft and airy base is great with a topping consisting of this classic salad.
Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
1. Break the dough into 60 g pieces and shape into balls. Stretch them out and roll into 5 mm- thick discs. Transfer to the baking sheet and set aside for 20 minutes or until doubled in volume (this is in addition to the rising time in the basic dough recipe).
2. Bake the bases for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. Spread a little of the cream cheese over each base and top with the mozzarella cheese, ham, tomatoes and basil. Drizzle olive oil over and serve.